MICHELLE, AARON, AND ARIZONA

Michelle, Aaron, and Arizona

3.08.2012

Amen


I still can't believe what I experienced this week...I have never laughed so hard by myself in my life and I realize this will not be as funny for others to read because no one was there but I just have to document it for my own sake. So for my Psych class I had to attend a group meeting of some sort (AA, Food Addictions Anonymous, etc.) I found a Christian Church that has group meetings on Monday nights so I went to attend one. Well this past Monday they decided to all join together for a therapeutic worship night. Equipped with Pastor Dan and a Christian Rock Band. So I go in and all these lovely fellow Christians take the new girl (me) right under the wing and invite me to sit right in the middle of them. At this point I realized this was not going to fulfill my assignment but all of these people had just so lovingly welcomed me I couldn't just stand up and be like "Oh, I actually don't have an addiction (besides Gossip Girl) and I don't want to sway and sing and praise the night away." So what did I do? I praised and swayed and clapped my way through the night while trying no to burst out in laughter which I realize would have been so mean but I was just so out of my comfort zone. You know on TV when people are shaking, swaying, clapping, trembling, etc...yeah well that's what I went to. On one hand it was cool to experience because I have only experienced LDS services and on the other hand I am still laughing so hard at the whole situation.
AMEN!

1 comment:

  1. i wish i experienced with that you so so bad. i would have died laughing.

    ReplyDelete