MICHELLE, AARON, AND ARIZONA

Michelle, Aaron, and Arizona

1.12.2011

Home Sweet Arizona

*Home Sweet Aaron-Zona*
After a week apart from my husband and three weeks apart from my home, it feels great to be back. I mentioned to some friends while I was in Utah that I was very surprised at how quickly Arizona has felt like home to me. I will always feel at home in Utah but I really did miss this place, perhaps its only because my husband is here, or maybe because it is going to be in the 70's this weekend but I truly do love it. Although we have only lived in Arizona for 6 months it has been such a learning experience and I am so appreciative of that. I also told my friends that if I had the chance to move back today, I wouldn't do it. I love meeting new people, I love having missionaries in our ward every week and for the opportunity to do missionary work, I love being in a ward full of converts, I love how close Aaron and I have grown together through this change, I love window shopping at amazing malls and department stores and people watching in Scottsdale (the Beverly Hills of Arizona if you will), I love being independent and figuring things out on my own, I love how close I still am to my friends in Utah and I am grateful for the many hours they spend on the phone with me and for our reunion nights when I am in Utah, I love how appreciative I have become of my testimony, family, friends, and Aaron. I even love the free condoms being passed out on my campus (that was an interesting experience...my brother told me to get some while the gettins good but I told him it was like black friday all over again...it is incredibly entertaining what goes on there), and last but not least I love internet TV for days when I am bored.

p.s. I don't mean to completely sugar coat it, trust me some days I HATE it but 99% of the time I LOVE it!!

2 comments:

  1. I am with you. Arizona totally feels like home. I love it. Do you start your program soon? If you ever have a free day we should go to the temple, I haven't been down there yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like AZ too. Its a nice place in its own special way. Hey, is it even safe to post my email address on this thing? I hope so: alizor3@yahoo.
    Email me sometime, I miss you!! Plus I would like your address please. Love auntie ali

    ReplyDelete