It has been a long two weeks as well as an amazing two weeks. My sweet Grandma passed away at the age of 91 and I will surely miss her but I am also so happy she gets to be with her husband and son again. My Grandma was a teacher and my favorite thing about her was the priceless gift she gave me at such a young age...private reading lessons with a penny a page and a yummy cookie to finish each day off. I was able to come home to Utah last weekend for the funeral and I felt so much love from my husband, parents, brothers, in-laws, and friends. It was hard to not have Aaron there with me but as I was with my family and watched my brother Sean pick up my purse and carry it for me I realized how lucky I am to have three amazing older brothers who still take care of me and protect me. My friends are simply amazing. Heather was happy to take me to the airport in Arizona and made me such a sweet treat bag for the plane ride. My friends in Utah were all so supportive and Maddie texted me the morning I was flying into Utah and asked me if her and Trav could take me out to dinner, pretty soon all of my friends were in for the night and it was so great to see them. I thank my lucky stars for the amazing in laws I have. My in-laws came to support my family at the funeral and I was so glad to have a little piece of Aaron there with me and I know how much my in-laws truly love me and my family. And last but not least my amazing parents. I still call my parents Mommy and Daddy and I think I always will. My family always teases me about being a princess but I think it's a good thing because that must mean that they always treated me like a princess and I can testify that they surely did! Thanks to everyone who brought a smile to my face these past couple of weeks.
xoxo

My sweet Grandma Connie next to my Dad

My amazing friends that always make life a bit sweeter
No comments:
Post a Comment